Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy 4th of July

 DSC03271DSC03252

Hope you all had a marvelous 4th of July.  I know the Scott/Magnusson/Barretts did!  Kelly and Sam hosted a wonderfully fun time in Emporia despite the monsoon like conditions.  Not only were the burgers yummy thanks to Grill Master Sam, but everyone loved “toss balls”!

  DSC03297 DSC03302

For those of you not familiar with “toss balls” as Karaline calls it, it is a highly addictive game otherwise knows as ladder golf.  Sam built this set after playing at a bachelor party.  Andy is hoping to get a set for Christmas (hint hint).  For those of you attending the back to school fiesta in August, we have already asked Sam to bring his set, so be ready!!

Kelly and I are working on making it more aerobic – ask us about our signature step/hop.

We spent the night and enjoyed a trip to The Sweet Granada –  www.sweetgranada.com and Pizza Ranch!  On a personal note – thank you GOD that these 2 places were not open when I was in school there or 1.  I never would have left Emporia and 2.  I would be bigger than a barn!

To prepare for this fun filled weekend Karaline and I made flag cookies.  I now know why mom HATED making these cookies.  I seriously think there is a flaw with the recipe.  The dough just did not look right when I mixed ‘em up, so I added some more flour.  They tasted fine and looked cute, but disintegrated when you looked at them.  It was kind of like eating cookie dust.  Better luck next year.

DSC03232 DSC03233

1 comment: